Last updated 2022-04-13
Hexatronic New Zealand Ltd., company number 5937353, 15 John Seddon Drive, Porirua 5022, Wellington, New Zealand, (“Hexatronic” or “we”) is a company that develops, markets, and delivers products, components, and system solutions with focus on the fiber optic market. Hexatronic is part of the Hexatronic Group (the “Group”), with Hexatronic Group AB as the ultimate parent company. As part of the Group, Hexatronic offers a wide range of innovative system and product solutions mainly for passive fiber optic infrastructure. The Group has its headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden and has sales offices and/or subsidiaries in in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, China, New Zealand, Australia, US and Canada, Hexatronic being one of these subsidiaries. Hexatronic Group AB is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the ticker HTRO. For more information, please visit www.group.hexatronic.com.
Please note that our website may contain links to websites provided by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and Hexatronic is not responsible for their business or their information policies. We recommend users who submit information to or through these third-party websites to review the privacy policies on these websites before submitting any personal data to them.
What personal data do we collect and where from?
The types of personal data that we collect may, depending on the context, include:
- name and contact information including address, mobile number and e-mail address;
- job applications, including cover letters, resumé, and photos (as applicable);
- geo-location (roughly estimated);
- pictures and video clips;
- other information that is relevant for customer surveys, advertisement/marketing or offers; and/or
- IP address.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- when you contact us by e-mail or phone;
- when you contact us through any of our contact forms on our websites;
- Hexatronic’s website(s), e.g. when you subscribe to our newsletter or submit a job application;
- by way of agreement, invoice or other business contact, if you are a customer or a contact person for any of our business partners;
- when you visit us on any of our marketing exhibitions or sign up for any of our seminars; and/or
- from third parties in the form of group companies, public records, or any of our business partners.
Why do we process your personal data?
Hexatronic may use your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: For the handling and administration of purchases, deliveries of products and performances of services, to make payments, for recruitment processes, and to provide customer support.
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- We save invoice documentation and recruitment documentation in accordance with applicable accounting laws and regulations.
- We process personal data when carrying out certain mandatory risk, security and anti-fraud controls.
- Legitimate interests
- Communication: In order for us to be able to communicate with you by e-mail (or other communication tools), and to handle any business transaction made by a business contact on behalf of a company, we process the contact person’s personal data.
- For marketing purposes: In order for us to market our service in the best possible way, we might need to use your data. In order for us to optimise our product development and be able to build a fantastic product loved by our users, we might need to process parts of your data. This includes direct marketing and performance of customer surveys when appropriate.
- To email our newsletters to you.
Retention of personal data
Hexatronic takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed and stored securely. Your personal data will never be stored longer than permitted by applicable law or longer than necessary to fulfil the above stated purposes. Your personal data will be processed by us during the following time periods, after which they will be deleted:
- Performance of a contract: Your personal data are saved for as long as you are an appointed contact person for a company doing business with Hexatronic. Upon termination of an agreement, your personal data will be stored for one (1) year before deletion, if you are still not showing interest in our products, and provided that your personal data are not required to be stored for longer than one (1) year to fulfil our duties under the “Performance of a contract” bullet point below.
- Member or customer: If you are a registered customer/member with Hexatronic, your personal data will be saved until you have chosen to deregister, but no longer than 18 months after your last purchase, unless we must save your personal data for any reason listed below.
- Performance of a contract: Personal data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail, billing and delivery information) which is submitted to Hexatronic in connection with the order of products or services are stored for as long as necessary in order for Hexatronic’s performance of the agreement with you. This includes, inter alia, fulfilling delivery or warranty commitments. Personal data which may be needed to defend legal claims are further saved for ten years following the performance of the contract, in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 No 31.
- Communication: If you are in contact with Hexatronic by, for example, e-mail your personal data are saved for as long as it is necessary for us to answer your question and complete any follow-up inquiries.
- Job applicants: Hexatronic saves your application documentation, including your resumé, cover letter and photo, as applicable, during the recruitment process and for a following period of two years, in order for us to defend potential legal claims. Automatic deletion does not apply if your job application should lead to employment.
- Legal obligation: Hexatronic saves any documentation that constitutes accounting information in accordance with applicable accounting legislation.
- Consent: In the event that we process your personal data based on your consent, we only save your personal data for as long as we still have your consent.
- Direct marketing: We may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes for as long as two (2) years after the customer relationship has ended unless you object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes.
Transfer of personal data
- Group companies: Hexatronic may transfer your personal data to other group companies for the purpose of conducting business across our offices, develop our business and provide you with relevant information.
- Business partners which are not group companies: Our business partners will get access to your personal data to the extent necessary for them to fulfill their obligations relating to your purchase. We will clearly state when one of our business partners is involved in your purchase.
- Business transactions: If all or part of Hexatronic’s operations is sold or integrated with any other business, operation or company, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, potential buyers and their advisors, and be transferred to the new owners of the operation.
- Third-party service providers: Some companies provide services on our behalf. These services include, inter alia, logistics, distribution, suppliers, IT services, banks and credit information services. These companies will get access to your personal data to the extent necessary for them to fulfill their obligations, but they may not use or share the information for any other purposes. Hexatronic uses Google's marketing services. Please find more information about Google's collection, transfer and use of personal data here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed for the purpose of Hexatronic’s compliance with certain legal obligations and it may be transferred to the Police and other relevant public authorities when permitted and required by law.
- the receiving country ensures an adequate level of protection;
- Hexatronic has collected your consent prior to the transfer;
- an agreement including certain standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission (e.g. (EU) 2021/914) have been entered into between Hexatronic and the recipient, without any conflicting changes or amendments; or
- the recipient has adopted binding corporate rules for the processing which have been approved by the relevant supervisory authority and the recipient of the personal data in the third country is bound by these rules.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the safeguards that we use when transferring personal data to a country outside of the EU/EEA by contacting Hexatronic.
Withdrawal of consent
In the event that we process your personal data based on your consent, it is important that you are aware of your right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us on the contact details provided below. Such withdrawal may be made in whole or in part. If you do not wish to receive marketing and offers from us, you can withdraw your consent by contacting customer service or, as regards direct marketing via e-mail, by following the link in our marketing e-mails. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use parts or all of our services.
You have the right to request information about what personal data concerning you that we are processing and how it is being used by contacting us in writing (see contact details below). You also have the right to request correction of incorrect, incomplete or ambiguous personal data concerning you by contacting us. For the protection of your privacy and your personal data, we may require that you identify yourself in connection with our assistance.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you also have the right to request that your personal data be erased or that the processing of your personal data be restricted. In certain situations, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and request that your personal data be transmitted in an electronic format.
You may file a complaint with The New Zealand Privacy Commissioner if you believe that Hexatronic’s processing of your personal data is not carried out in accordance with applicable laws.
Hexatronic New Zealand Ltd.